WHO WE ARE
Southwestern PA Legal Services, Inc. (LEGAL AID) through its Low-Income/English Second Language Taxpayer Clinic can schedule a consultation to discuss your Federal Tax issue and you could get free legal help. Low Income Taxpayer Clinics (LITC) assist low income individuals who have a tax dispute with the IRS and provide education and outreach to individuals who speak English as a second language (ESL).
To schedule a consultation, click the free consultation tab above, call 1-800-846-0871 OR walk in our office at 10 W Cherry Avenue in Washington, PA.
*NOTICE- In general, Southwestern PA Legal Services is not permitted to provide tax return preparation. Although the LITC receives funding from the IRS, the clinic, its employees and volunteers are not affiliated with or endorsed by the IRS or it employees and representation through the LITC will not result in preferential treatment from the IRS and will not affect your taxpayer rights.
- IRS extends Economic Impact Payment deadline to Nov. 21 to help non-filers
Internal Revenue Service – October 5, 2020
- Treasury, IRS launch new tool to help non-filers register for Economic Impact Payments
Internal Revenue Service – April 10, 2020
- Economic Impact Payments – e-Poster (PDF)
Internal Revenue Service – April 4, 2020
- Want to get your Coronavirus relief check? Scammers do too.
Federal Trade Commission – April 1, 2020
- Help available for low income to navigate stimulus check process
Observer-Reporter – April 1, 2020
- Social Security Recipients Will Automatically Receive Economic Impact Payments
U.S. Department of the Treasury – April 1, 2020